The deafening lullaby of music in Canggu, Bali has become a persistent problem. Now, after more than a year, the problems that have been complained of by various parties have been resolved.
Canggu is like a new Legian. Prior to the pandemic, Legian in Kuta was an open bar center with non-stop music every night and after moving to Canggu it caused problems.
Such a large crowd is like a double-edged sword. On the one hand, its existence is able to make financial coffers fuller, but on the other hand there is a follow-up effect that must be resolved for the sake of mutual comfort.
Menparekraf Sandiaga Uno said President Joko Widodo was concerned about the noisy condition of Canggu. Moreover, Bali will host the G20 Presidency in the near future and will host a series of international events such as World Tourism Day, World Conference on Creative Economy, and others.
In a weekly journalists’ meeting in his office, Monday (19/9/2022), Menparekraf Sandiaga Uno explained that the problem had been resolved with local wisdom. All parties cooperate so that all aspirations can be accommodated.
“Thanks to the support of all parties, we managed to reach an agreement and Canggu with its local wisdom solved the problem with noise. And, we thank you,” he said.
Menparekraf Sandiaga Uno (Photo: Ahmad Masaul Khoiri/detikcom)
“That in the end the problems that had gone viral were resolved by local wisdom,” said Sandiaga.
Sandiaga then explained that there were points of agreement in dealing with noisy Canggu. The main points highlighted are the maximum music sound and uptime.
“Hopefully in the future there will be increased regulations at the district and provincial levels,” said Sandiaga.
The following six points were agreed at the meeting to deal with noisy Canggu:
1. Maximum limit of 70 decibels for outdoor areas
2. Operational time limit until 01.00 WITA
3. Music starts to turn down at 24.00
4. Commitment of business actors, the community, and the apparatus in the context of supervision in the field of implementation
5. Consistency of the community, businessmen, and officials in conducting joint supervision and reminding entrepreneurs
6. The surrounding community should not exceed the agreed limits, and this is also to welcome the G20.
Watch Videos”Sandiaga Uno’s Strategy to Reduce the Impact of Fuel Oil Increases in the Tourism Industry“